Strategic Patent and Intellectual Property Development
Garlick & Markison specializes in strategic patent development by assisting our clients in building and monetizing ongoing intellectual property and patent harvesting programs resulting in superior market positioning and increased valuation.
- We have a highly successful track record positioning our clients in market-space and ultimately, sales valuation.
- Our attorneys establish long-term client relationships, becoming key members of our clients’ teams.
- We partner with our clients to build strategic patent portfolios.
- We have deep expertise — including both law and advanced engineering degrees.
- We have substantial and successful litigation experience.
- We are seasoned and successful at patent prosecution.
- We have experience partnering with clients from start-up through IPO.
- We offer a fixed-fee services structure, providing our clients with budget predictability.
- We continually strive to provide the best possible representation for our clients.
Litigation Support and Local Counsel Representation
Garlick & Markison has decades of experience in representing its clients in patent lawsuits in Federal District Courts in Texas, with a particular experience in the Western District of Texas. Bruce Garlick and Tim Markison have previously co-counseled in patent lawsuits with the Honorable Alan Albright, now a Federal District Court Judge in the Waco Division of the Western District of Texas, when Judge Albright was in private practice. Bruce Garlick began his career in patent litigation and has appeared as both lead counsel and co-counsel in numerous patent suits before a number of Judges in the Western District of Texas. Mr. Garlick is now using his knowledge and experience to represent clients as local counsel in the Western District of Texas.