- June 2, 2016
- Mary McKeown
- Comments Off on Patent Assistant
We are seeking a full-time, experienced, patent assistant to join our firm with the following qualifications:
- Reliable and dependable team player.
- Strong work ethic, flexible, dependable and positive can-do attitude.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain productivity during normal business hours.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize, able to work independently with minimal supervision, handle multiple projects simultaneously, advanced computer and software knowledge.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills with strong proofreading and grammatical skills
- Must have sense of urgency relating to client requests and able to meet deadlines.
- Likes the flexibility and freedom of working at home.
- Has the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a patent prosecution paralegal, legal secretary or comparable position with experience working in a law firm or in house legal environment.
- Experience with USPTO electronic filing procedures.
- Type 65 wpm (provide Good Typing Certificate from www.goodtyping.com).
About the Position
- Assist with preparing and filing U.S. patent applications and responses via EFS-Web (including preparation and review of necessary filing documents).
- Assist with preparing and filing PCT applications, responses, and communication with foreign associates as needed.
- Review and manage electronic files.
- Ability to review and understand dockets, deadlines, and perform docketing tasks per firm procedure.
- Ability to learn and follow various client procedures and adapt in an ever changing environment.
- Salary commensurate with experience. Medical/dental benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and Good Typing Certificate on our online application form below.